Application calls for Kosovo International Summer Academy 2020 are NOW OPEN!
- Application Form -
Applicants can apply and attend only one of the sessions (either PART I or PART II).
*In case we are instructed by local authorities and based on international recommendations to cancel the edition of 2020, all KSA enrolled participants will be fully refunded their payment (minus transfer fee). Please note that KSA will NOT hold responsibility for your travel tickets in case of cancellation due to Covid-19! Therefore we strongly suggest you to check the policies of flight companies before you purchase your tickets.
This year in July (12 – 22) and August (12 – 22), Kosovo International Summer Academy (KSA) will organize Part I and Part II of its 8th edition of KSA2020, in Prishtina, Kosovo, with a special focus in “Peace building in post-conflict areas – Diplomacy, Leadership and Negotiations”, that will be realized by Kosovo Center for Diplomacy. The uniqueness of Kosovo International Summer Academy is the association with the professors and guest lecturers from the world’s top universities, government officials and ambassadors. KSA will be welcoming experts from different levels that will be teaching and sharing their academic and professional experiences with our participants, as well as will give the chance to our participants to take the information from the first hand. Kosovo International Summer Academy elaborate different topics on economics, politics, diplomacy, professional etiquette and protocol, leadership, peaceful conflict resolution, EU Integration process, international law, human rights, international Justice, international security and the role of civil society in building peace in interactive lectures with diplomats, high level officials, representatives of civic society and prestigious local and international organizations.
KSA staff is working intensively to make sure that high-ranking officials of Kosovo, including President of Kosovo, Government and Parliament officials, and representatives of diplomatic missions in Kosovo will address the participants.
Awarded Certificates and ECTS
All participants and attendees who fulfill the requirements during the program will be awarded with certificates from Kosovo Center of Diplomacy and University College “Universum”.
Successful students will receive 6 ECTS credits of the course of ‘’War and Peace: Historical actors, structures and processes’’, issued by the University College “Universum” .
- Citizens of all countries in the world are eligible to apply
- Undergraduate, graduate and post graduate students(who are enrolled or have already completed aforementioned levels of university studies)and young professionals.
- Applicants born in 1986 and after
- You must be in good academic standing
Application Form (download here)
- A completed application form is necessary to register for the Kosovo International Summer Academy. A confirmation letter will be sent by e-mail to all applicants upon reception of the application. All applicants will additionally be informed by e-mail regarding the decision of KSA Admissions Committee.
A completed application form with all supporting documents should be sent to: email@example.com with the subject line: Application for KSA2020-Part I (if you are applying for Part I) or Application for KSA2020-Part II (if you are applying for Part II). Should you have additional questions regarding the admission process or any other concerns related to Kosovo International Summer Academy 2020, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
You will need to upload the following documents:
- Application form
- ID (Passport, National ID or Student ID)
- Letter of Support/Recommendation letter(optional)
The tuition fee for the Kosovo International Summer Academy is 950 EUR.
Program fee covers the following:
- Tuition – Tuition fee for the courses.
- Accommodation – The program fee covers accommodation during the length of the programme.
- Transportation between Prishtina International Airport and the hotel.
- Meals – All scheduled meals are included in the program fee.
- Coffee break – All scheduled coffee between courses are included in the program fee.
- Vocational trips – All scheduled vocational trips(entrance fees of visits to museums, galleries, etc.) are included in the program fee.
Visa Expenses, Travel Arrangements and costs of Insurance
Visa requirements and costs differ among countries. For more information regarding visa requirements, please click here. If you can’t find the country your are searching for, please contact us and we will provide you the necessary information upon your request.
All participants are responsible for travel arrangements/expenses, health insurance and associated VISA costs(if needed) to Kosovo.
Scholarships awarding criteria
The following criteria are considered in the admissions process:
- Submitting your application early
- Financial need
- Merit and existing leadership experience
- Intercultural experience
*For more information on scholarships please download the application form or contact us at email@example.com
Payment and Refund Policy
After the selection process, accepted students will receive further information regarding payment (bank account number etc.) via email.
Please note that the Kosovo International Summer Academy cannot be responsible for any bank charges incurred in the transfer of fees. All bank charges, including those incurred overseas and in Kosovo, are the responsibility of the person making the payment.
The deposit will be refunded 100% (excluding the bank transfer fee) if cancellation notice is given more than 40 days before the program start.
Cancellations received less than 40 days prior to the start of the program/non arrivals are not eligible for a refund of deposit.
PART I – July 12 – 22, 2020
- Priority deadline: April 20th, 2020 (extended until 15th of May)
- Visa deadline: May 10th, 2020 (This Deadline applies if you need a visa to enter Kosovo).
- Final deadline: June 1st, 2020 (Applicants who hold a citizenship of a country that does not need visa to enter Kosovo).
PART II – August 12 – 22, 2020
- Priority deadline: May 5th, 2020 (extended until 30th of May)
- Visa deadline: May 18th, 2020 (This Deadline applies if you need a visa to enter Kosovo)
- Final deadline: June 15th, 2020 (Applicants who hold a citizenship of a country that does not need visa to enter Kosovo).
*Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis and earlier applications are given priority.
Early application is recommended as the number of participants is limited.
*Our staff will inform you of your status, generally within a few days after you submit the application.
Regarding COVID-19 Update, please click here.
If you have further concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.